Nava Elected Foundation Chair; Cornerstone's Moran Elected Secretary
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:15 PM
At its Jan. 21 meeting, the National Credit Union Foundation board of directors elected Winona Nava, president/CEO of Guadalupe Credit Union in Santa Fe, NM, as the new chairman of the Foundation. The position was most recently held by Laida Garcia, president/CEO of FloridaCentral Credit Union in Tampa, FL, who remains on the board.
The Foundation board also elected Angela McCathran, president/CEO of People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas, as vice chairman and Courtney Moran, executive director of the Cornerstone Credit Union Foundation in Farmers Branch, Texas, as secretary. Lee Butke, president/CEO of Corporate One FCU in Columbus, OH, was re-elected as treasurer.
In addition to the aforementioned, the members of the Foundation board are:
- Jim Nussle, president/CEO of the Credit Union National Association in Washington, DC. (President);
- Bill Cheney, president/CEO of SchoolsFirst FCU in Santa Ana, CA.;
- Tom Dorety, president/CEO of Suncoast Credit Union in Tampa, FL;
- Teresa Halleck, president/CEO at San Diego County Credit Union, in San Diego, CA;
- Stan Hollen, president/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, CA;
- Patrick La Pine, president/CEO of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions and Affiliates in Tallahassee, FL.;
- Larry Middleman, president/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC in Portland, OR;
- David Mooney, president and CEO of Alliant Credit Union, in Chicago, IL;
- Christopher Roe, SVP, corporate and legislative affairs, CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, WI;
- Howard Spencer, chairman, Northland Area FCU, in Oscoda, MI.;
- Patricia Wesenberg, president/CEO of Central City CU in Marshfield, WI;
- Edwin Williams, president/CEO of Discovery Federal Credit Union in Wyomissing, PA; and
- Jeff York, president/CEO of CoastHills CU in Lompoc, CA.
About the National Credit Union Foundation (ncuf.coop):
The National Credit Union Foundation (the Foundation) is the charitable arm of the U.S. credit union movement and works as a catalyst to improve people’s financial lives through credit unions. Through Foundation grants and programs, credit unions provide widespread financial education, create greater access to affordable financial services, and empower more consumers to save, build assets, and own homes. Donations to the Foundation enable credit unions to help their members reach life-changing goals and achieve financial freedom.
The National Credit Union Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. The Foundation continues to earn the Better Business Bureau seal of approval as an “Accredited Charity” for meeting all 20 BBB Wise Giving Alliance Standards for national charities.